Thin Food List*
March 1 – 7
Featured food of the week: Artichokes.
- Breakfast: Breakfast Tacos
- Lunch: Sandwich or lettuce wrap
- Dinner: Cut and serve, or beef brisket salad
Salmon (wild caught):
- Breakfast: Salmon and scrambled eggs or in omelet
- Lunch: Salmon Caesar salad
- Dinner: Marinate in white wine and sea salt, then grill with a bit of maple syrup
Artichokes (just in season!):
- Breakfast: Artichoke Benedict
- Lunch: Pasta Artichoke Salad
- Dinner: Three bean and artichoke salad, or steamed fresh, with balsamic vinaigrette for dipping.
Snacks: As is, or see below under Snacks
Lunch: Roasted Brussels sprouts with almonds
Dinner: With green beans
Cucumber wedges: Cucumber cut in wedges, covered with 1 tbsp lime juice mixed with 1½ tsp chili powder.
Pear & cheese bites
Celery dipped in almond butter
Almonds dipped in Ricotta
Share YOUR favorite recipe for the Thin Food List for this week on the Thin Classroom page.
*The Thin Food List is a list of suggestions for food you can eat cleanly (little preparation, healthy).
Remember The Thin Rules when you buy:
-You will make one trip to the grocery store each week, no more.
-3 meals and 3 snacks each day:
-Breakfast will take 10 minutes or less to make.
-Lunch will take 10 minutes or less to make.
-Dinner will take 15 minutes or less to make.
-Suggested that every meal include a fruit, a vegetable, grain or fiber, and a little protein. Low fat dairy is optional.
-All food will be “sustainable”. (Like what you eat!)